On Friday 21st October, we held our wear it pink event to raise money for Breast Cancer Now, the UK’s largest breast cancer research charity who are dedicated to funding research into the devastating disease. We are over the moon to share that we raised a massive £853!
So how did we raise this money?
- Wear it pink: We all raided our wardrobes to find everything pink. A special mention should go to our Sales Executive, Richard, who went the extra mile and wore pink blusher, lipstick and nail varnish, as you can see in our photo gallery below.
- Cake sale: We had a cake sale to satisfy our sweet cravings.
- Leg wax: Jonathan volunteered to get his legs waxed all in the name of charity. This was a definite highlight of the day and we got some great pictures – see below.
- Raffle: Local businesses kindly donated raffle prize including gift vouchers and free bottles of wine.
- Sponsored fast: Vicki, in our sales team, raised a huge amount by doing a sponsored 24hr fast.
- Tuck shop: We had a staff tuck shop on all week, full of crisps, chocolate and cans of pop!
- Door bell tax: We introduced a 50p doorbell tax for all NESP visitors during the day of fundraising.
The money raised will help Breast Cancer Now’s researchers to keep finding ways to stop breast cancer once and for all. A huge thank you to everyone who helped us raise £853 for Breast Cancer Now, including NESP staff, our customers, suppliers and local businesses.